The Art & Craft of Creative Photography
Learn photography from a passionate and patient educator who wants to help
beginners & the advanced alike reach the next level of craft & creativity.
His workshops are small, friendly, supportive and fun !
For more information, please e-mail Tim
01. PORTRAIT & FASHION WORKSHOPS Offer intensive hands-on training in professional studio and natural lighting, camera techniques, directing, posing and portrait retouching.
photo: Tim Porter / model: Alessandra Lupi
Please see: “Your Best Shots” by Karen Regan
02. NATURE & GARDEN WORKSHOPS Teach how to go beyond the ordinary and create
memorable nature and garden images. Every aspect of landscape photography is covered
with an emphasis on creative composition and the poetry of natural light.
Tim Porter, from the series “Paradise: The Gardens of Tokyo“
03. STREET PHOTOGRAPHY (FOR SHY PEOPLE) Tokyo is famously known as a street photographer’s Paradise. This practical workshops will teach you how to
master your technique and make daring, compassionate images.
photo: Tim Porter / Bus Rider / Diana Camera
04. BLACK & WHITE DARKROOM WORKSHOPS The magic of black & white printing is something every photographer should experience. Here you’ll learn all the basics
and bring home beautiful gelatin silver prints, ready for framing.
Please see: Tokyo Darkroom WorkshopsThomas’s darkroom in Antonioni’s 1966 film”Blowup”
Taking the picture is only the first step in creating a great photograph. Students will also be taught to master the Digital Darkroom with tutoring in Photoshop or Lightroom !
– Small, friendly, supportive and fun –
Please e-mail Tim for more information
New in 2016
Bespoken photo tours for individuals, couples and small groups who would like to experience Japan through the art of photography with an experienced and enthusiastic Canadian guide.